Submissions are now Closed
The winners have been announced and contacted.
Thank you for taking part in our contest! Since we received 500+ entries, only a selection of the photos that were submitted are featured above.
Important things to note
Winning entries will be selected based on composition, clarity, creativity, visual impact and scenic views that best showcase the destinations.
- Accepted Locations: Hunt Falls, Gem Lakes, Waskesiu, Cypress Hills, Grasslands, & Castle Butte.
- Submission formats: JPG or PNG
- The photograph must not include identifiable people/faces, be overly manipulated, or have watermarks/other embedded script.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions below prior to submitting.
Terms & Conditions
Hardpressed Photo Contest
Contest Details & Rules:
Applicants will be eligible to win the Grand Prize plus Runner-Up Prizes in the location contest categories.
Runner-Up Prizes for each winning location will be 1 Hardpressed T-shirt and 1 Hardpressed Hat, preselected from our upcoming release of the Bucket List Series - which features 6 different designs that reflect the location categories of the contest. Each Runner-Up Prize winner will receive a t-shirt and hat with the corresponding design to the location category that they have won. The Grand Prize winner of best overall submission, selected from the six photography location winners, will receive an additional $250 Hardpressed gift card.
Photos submissions will be utilized by Hardpressed in the campaign imagery of our upcoming release of the Bucket List Series. More details on photo usage below.
This contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. No entry fee or purchase is required. One prize (1 Hardpressed T-shirt & 1 Hardpressed Hat) will be awarded for each of the location categories:
- Hunt Falls
- Cypress Hills
- Gem Lakes
- Castle Butte
Submitting entries: All entries must be submitted via the form above. A description of the photo including the title, date, artist statement, etc. is optional. By digitally submitting your photographs, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and abide by all contest rules and regulations.
- Only digital submissions in commonly recognized file formats (.jpg or .png) will be eligible to win.
- Individuals can make multiple submissions for one or more of the location categories.
- All photographs must have been taken within one of the listed locations in Saskatchewan prior to the closing date of the contest.
- Submissions must be made by the original photographer themselves. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Photographs with watermarks or other embedded script (i.e. logo, signature, location, etc.) will not be considered.
- Photographs that have been overly manipulated will not be considered.
- Submissions that depict nudity, violent acts or unsafe practices will not be considered. Hardpressed Print Studio reserves the right to reject any submission it deems inappropriate.
- The photograph must not include identifiable people/faces.
Eligibility: This contest is intended for participation of Canadian residents (excluding Quebec and where otherwise prohibited by law). Entries from outside of Canada are not eligible. All applicants must be 18 years or older.
Submission Deadline: Entries must be submitted before 12pm CST on September 5th, 2023.
Choosing a Winner: Entries will be reviewed and judged by Hardpressed. Winning entries will be selected based on composition, clarity, creativity and visual impact. Images taken in Spring, Summer, or Fall seasons are preferred.
Rights: Photographic submissions remain the property of the photographer. Hardpressed Print Studio reserves full usage rights of all entries in perpetuity, without cost, for use in promotional materials in online/digital and printed formats. Hardpressed Print Studio reserves the right to showcase photos indefinitely on the website and in promotional material. Hardpressed Print Studio’s rights shall not include the sale of submitted material to other parties or other commercial use. Credits will be provided where possible at Hardpressed’s discretion.
Prizes: Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, whether in cash or otherwise. Hardpressed reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or other value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
Announcement of Winners: The winners will be chosen on September 6th 2023, and notified by 5:30pm CST via email. To follow, the announcement of prize winners, along with the winning photography, will be published on Hardpressed’s social media channels at a later date.
Applicant Release: By entering this contest, participants consent to the use of their names and images without compensation, in any publicity carried out in any media by, or on behalf of Hardpressed Print Studio. Unless prohibited by law, within 14 days of receipt thereof, the winners may be required to sign and return the declaration and release form confirming compliance with contest rules and acceptance of prizes, as offered, and acknowledging the non-responsibility of Hardpressed Print Studio in respect to injuries, accidents and misfortune relating to the contest or the awarding of the prize or use of the photography.
Other: Entry in the contest is subject to all federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the contest organizers are final and binding in all matters related to this contest.