5 Date Ideas for Valentine's Day
Stuck on what to do this Valentine's Day? We've got 5 date ideas that are all right here in the heart of Saskatoon, SK - on 20th Street in Riversdale. Grab your partner, friend, parent, or sibling and go on one of these Valentine's adventures.
1. Shopping Date
What better way to say I love ya than with a shopping date? Check out all of the local shops on 20th. To make it even more fun, get your partner in crime to pick something for you and vice versa. Put an outfit in each other's changerooms and see how well you know each other! If you both get it right, buy the outfits for each other as your v-day gifts (or one item from the outfit). Our favourite shops (we're included in the list 'cause we had to toot our own horn at least a little):
Hardpressed, Hazlewood, and Anthology/Blossoms for home goods (and flowers of course).
While you're over here, check out Soul Paper and grab some things for an at-home craft night!
OR, checkout our Valentine's Gift Guide
2. Drinks & Dinner
You really can't go wrong with food. Riversdale is the place to be when it comes to a dinner out - it's home to some of our personal favourite food spots in the city! Here are some of our favourites:
- Pop & Primal: an iconic duo. Start the night at Pop with some wine & appy's (the canned olives are a must have), and finish it off with a delectable Italian dinner at Primal. Both restaurants actually have a set Valentine's Day menu - reserve your spot ASAP, as we're sure they'll go quickly.
- 9 Mile Legacy & Cohen's: Start off with a local beer at 9 Mile and continue the party with beers & burgers at Cohen's! It's the perfect combo if you ask us.
- Odd Couple: We might be biased because they're our neighbours, but Odd Couple Restaurant is hands-down the best Asian-fusion restaurant in Saskatoon. Sometimes they do a set Valentine's menu, so be sure to keep an eye out for that. You won't be disappointed.
- Honourable Mentions: Continuing with more great picks for Asian cuisine, Sushi Raku and Moto Japanese Kitchen + Bar are also amazing options *chef's kiss*. If you're feeling like escaping the cold and getting a taste of warmth, check out Picaro for a delicious Mexican-inspired meal. Yep, they have a Valentine's Day menu too, and it sounds delicious!
3. Cooking Local at Home – Stay in with goodies from The Little Market Box
Looking to stay in this Valentine's day? Why not make it a cooking date by stopping by the Little Market Box and picking up all the ingredients to make a local meal. They've got everything from meat & cheese, bread from local bakeries, and sweet treats like chocolate by Those Girls at the Market, ice cream from Beppi's, and so much more. If you want to skip the kitchen clean-up, they even have some pre-made freezer meals from local vendors.
4. Breakfast with the Best
If you're more of a morning person than a night owl, breakfast or brunch might be more up to your speed. We're so lucky to have some of the best breakfast resto's as our neighbours! Check out Park Cafe for a classic diner experience. The people are kind, the food is filling, and the price is right. For a modern take on the diner experience, Hometown is one of our faves - and if you've got lots of plans for the day, The Bagel Shop or Thrive Juice Co. are perfect places for a quick grab n' go!
5. Movin' & Groovin'
For more of an "active" activity, check out Pura Vida Yoga Loft! It's the perfect place to retreat out of the cold with the Hot Yoga classes that they offer. Even if you don't take a hot class, it's always still toasty warm in there and you'll be sure to feel relaxed & rejuvenated afterward. If a workout is more of what your body is calling for, check out Freedom Functional Fitness right on the corner of Idylwyld Drive and 20th Street. Perfect way to get a sweat in, spend some time with your valentine & have a spotter for your lift!
Or, grab a hot coffee from one of the coffee shops on 20th before heading down to River Landing for a walk by the Saskatchewan river. It's one of our favourite activities, no matter the weather. The said coffee shops you know & love:
- Prism Coffee
- Underground Cafe
- HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery
- Botté Persian Cafe (for some great tea options)
We know we're likely missing some of the other great shops and restaurants in the Riversdale area, but these are some of our faves and we hope this gave you some inspo for planning your Valentine's day! Happy Love Month, from us to you. :)